Rabbi Rayzel Raphael
Rabbi Raphael is an ordained rabbi with years of experience counseling wedding couples. She has the wisdom of a sage to offer to couples starting their life journey together. Her background in Religious studies—not only Judaism—gives her an understanding of the complexities of issues that arise in families that are blending different backgrounds. Her upbeat spirit and sense of humor have come in handy as unexpected events happen—even on a perfect wedding day. Let Rabbi Rayzel be your guide through this exciting adventure called wedding planning and marriage preparation.
Rabbi Rayzel is available on phone, skype, email, or face to face meeting. She will work with each couple's preferences to help them discern what is important for their unique ceremony. Her process of marriage preparation is to inspire her couples to sit and talk about the life issues- even if they have been together for a while. With a sense of humor and grace, Rabbi Rayzel has handled: groomsmen fainting, huppahs crashing, AWOL co-officiants and other numerous unplanned events at weddings. She is adept at keeping the celebration of the bride and groom the priority. She gathers her wedding couples to meet several times a year for mutual support and Shabbat celebrations. Contact her to get started.
- Rabbinical Ordination, Reconstructionist Rabbinical College, 1997.
- Awarded Wexner Graduate Fellowship to attend Rabbinical School.
- Awarded a scholarship in the Melton Senior Educator's Program at Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Attended the Pardes Yeshiva in Israel.
- Graduated from Brandeis University with a Masters in Contemporary Jewish Studies.
- Attended Indiana University as a religion major with a Jewish studies concentration.
Prior Work in the Jewish Community
- Rabbinic Director, Interfaith Family Support Network JFCS, Philadelphia.
- Rabbinic Director, Jewish Creativity Project of New Legends and JOI.
- Director of Graduate Student Project at Hillel of Greater Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- Director of the Jewish Student Federation of York University in Toronto.
For more information, email me at
or call 215-782-1221